Friends of the Fissure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends of the Fissure

An exploration beyond URU where we invite all to seek the journey.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

html help and resources

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elpis
Admin
Admin
Elpis

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-09

html help and resources Empty
PostSubject: html help and resources   html help and resources Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:02 pm

From Okaasan:

Quote :
Because we are using HTML to create the web-pages of the FoF story there may come a time when some of our writers will want to create their own pages. I suggest that you use a web program such as Macromedia's HomeSite. Do NOT use the web code functions of word processors such as MicroSoft's Word or Corel's WordPerfect. Those programs make very messy code that is hard to edit or maintain.

IMHO, the best book for those learning HTML or in need of a reference is the Visual Quickstart Guide HTML For The World Wide Web, written by Elizabeth Castro. I am currently working out of the 5th edition which includes XHTML and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). If you haven't got a clue about what any of this means, do not be alarmed. Not everyone is expected to speak "techie."

From Elpis:

Quote :
I first started by using http://www.lissaexplains.com to learn simple html - still use it as a reminder once in awhile when I need a code I haven't done for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Elpis
Admin
Admin
Elpis

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-09

html help and resources Empty
PostSubject: Re: html help and resources   html help and resources Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:06 pm

The main website for code is http://www.w3c.org - may be a bit involved for the beginning, but it's good to browse through when you're looking for ideas or something difficult to find.

The book series "In Easy Steps" has books both for XHTML and HTML. They are great resources to have on hand.

I'm currently learning from a book "Professional Web Design: Techniques and Templates" for CSS and XHTML. It's more involved, but very good.
Back to top Go down

html help and resources
Page 1 of 1