Friends of the Fissure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends of the Fissure

An exploration beyond URU where we invite all to seek the journey.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Proposed Book Series - Need Help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elpis
Admin
Admin
Elpis

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Proposed Book Series - Need Help Empty
PostSubject: Proposed Book Series - Need Help   Proposed Book Series - Need Help Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:52 pm

Request posted by Okaasan ....

I have several book series in mind, but could use some help in creating them. I have decided not to use the animated .gif format because it limits content and eats my computer's active memory.

The D'ni Knowledge Series
A limited edition "created" by the DRC to raise funds amongst prospective sources. Each volume covers an aspect of the D'ni ages from botany to technology. A book can not cover every single plant, machine, rock formation, etc. so we only pick the best. Each page should have an evocative image and limited text. Because these books were published early in the DRC's involvement in the Cavern, therefore not every aspect of the D'ni culture would have been discovered.

The D'ni Ages Series
One book for each age, again with evocative images and limited text.

And my latest idea -- and a challenge for the artwork:

Before the Fall
I would like to create a book about what the D'ni worlds looked like before the collapse (literally and figuratively). This would mostly be of the city and some of the ages. The garden ages seem to be much as they might have appeared when the D'ni walked there, but what of Teledahn, Gahreesen, Kadish and the city? Can we graphically clear away the debris, put the walls and pillars back together?

Let me know what you want to do.
Back to top Go down

Proposed Book Series - Need Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Friends of the Fissure :: Proposed Ideas :: Ideas for Website-
Jump to: