Friends of the Fissure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends of the Fissure

An exploration beyond URU where we invite all to seek the journey.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Supporting Characters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elpis
Admin
Admin
Elpis

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Supporting Characters Empty
PostSubject: Supporting Characters   Supporting Characters Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 am

On getting into the new Age development work, I've come up with the need for supporting characters. Are we making a guide for how to handle those?

In Elpis' case, she needs help in exploring a new Age. I've created a girl who is her assistant, named Kelsey - no details yet. And in it, Kelsey accompanies her on her exploring and also manages any volunteers that are needed. Elpis and Kelsey link together to the new Age first after studying the descriptive books for the Age and the journals for the family who owned the Age. After they assess their needs, Kelsey returns to LaCasa for volunteers of clean up and excavation.

Kelsey is important to fit into a role area because Elpis will not explore new territory alone and so will always be with her.

How about our volunteers? It's logical to assume we have a team for this type of situations. Small, of course, because we're not bent on restoring and rebuilding like the DRC was at this time. Just learning and keeping an eye out for the path home.

I'm also brainstorming guidelines for New Age Exploration.
Back to top Go down
Okaasan
Admin
Admin
Okaasan

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Characters   Supporting Characters Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:31 pm

The world -- all worlds -- are full of people. On the surface we have the entire state of New Mexico, which while not the most populated state in the US, has as many folks as we need. Create all the supporting characters that your story needs. That said, these characters, for the moment, must live in your imagination and in descriptive text. Until we have some additional art support, it will be problematic to place characters in the static web-world of La Casa. I am working right now to get Elpis and Imzadi in place in the story.

The problem I have encountered is that because of the static nature of the site, each person only gets to be in one place at a time. This is much more constricting than the free movement we enjoyed in MOUL. For La Casa, I have given each character a place to be:
Jim Nakai is just beyond the Zandi gate.
Marie Nez is at her hogan.
Dr. J. Timothy is walking outside at UNM.
Sophrosyne is standing by the stream.
Okaasan is in the foyer.

When the scenery is developed Elpis will be in the office and Imzadi in the kitchen. We need some help on the art in order to place each character in situ. Thorne may be well placed out back in the kitchen garden or tending the fire outside of the sweatlodge.

Not all our characters have to take rooms at La Casa. Some may live in the area -- on land of their own purchase or inheritance, or in private detached hogans built on La Casa land. I have already allotted rooms to the present characters -- KoHama, Okaasan, Elpis, Sophrosyne and Imzadi -- and I can lock off a room for Kelsey if you want.

On new ages: since we have proposed that the ladies at La Casa were amongst the first to enter the Cavern along with the gents from Cyan's storyline, then there is no reason to think that we did not nick off with several linking books. We would guard these books zealously, and never speak of them with "outsiders." Keep in mind that not only would we be concerned with a legal move by DRC to seize those books, but also the US Federal Laws (1906, 1979, 1990) that govern the recovery of artifacts. The books form the core mystery for our visitors to solve.

For right now, folks can suspect we have books all they like -- we ain't sayin' nothin' 'bout no books, no how. Smile

Keep those creative juices flowing and let the story evolve.
Back to top Go down
Elpis
Admin
Admin
Elpis

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Characters   Supporting Characters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:37 am

I'll just give ideas as they develop on the new Ages, and leave the legalities of being able to present them in your hands. Cause that's where I'm totally lost ... and out of time to study enough to learn about them. M'nine can be of the original group of books, and not those that Elpis took on her own cavern explorations. Those can stay on the sidelines and wait awhile.

I don't think we need to worry about Kelsey lives. She can have a private residence somewhere - you can determine where, but I don't believe it will ever need to come up. I don't even think we need to worry about what she looks like and present her. She's more or less working in the background while Elpis is in the fore.

Thorne sounds like he would have his own hut or lodge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Characters   Supporting Characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supporting Characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Friends of the Fissure :: Characters And Ages :: The Characters-
Jump to: